Los Angeles Unified School District, Proposed Orthopaedic Hospital Magnet High School Removal Action Workplan (RAW)
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Department of Toxic Substances Control
- Document Title
- Los Angeles Unified School District, Proposed Orthopaedic Hospital Magnet High School Removal Action Workplan (RAW)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Removal Action Workplan specifies cleanup procedures to be implemented at the proposed Orthopaedic Hospital Magnet High School (Site) for the immediate excavation, backfill, and off-site disposal of soils contaminated with lead and polyaromatic hydrocarbons (PAH's). Excavation and sampling activities are expected to take approximately 7 to 14 calendar days to complete. Site restoration activities (i.e., excavation backfilling and compaction) are expected to take and additional 7 days.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
1011 North Grandview Avenue
Glendale, CA 91201
Phone : (818) 551-2845
- Los Angeles Los Angeles, City of
- Los Angeles
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- This activity is a minor cleanup action to be taken to prevent, minimize, stabilize, mitigate, or eliminate the release or threat of release of hazardous waste or substance, with the removal action costing approximately $50,000. The RAW includes an Excavation Plan, Engineering Evaluation/Cost Analysis, health and Safety plan, Transportation Plan Equivalent, and Dust Control Measures. Fieldwork will conducted utilizing these engineering, administrative, and work practice controls. The project will not have a significant effect on the environment because of the relatively small voume, short project duration, and the controlled manner in which contaminated soils will be excavated, placed in staging areas, loaded onto trucks and taken offsite for disposal treatment. The Site is not on the Hazardous Waste and Substances Sites List or in a sensitive cultural or biological resource area.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.