PG&E San Mateo Pipeline Site Removal Action Workplan Approval
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Department of Toxic Substances Control
- Document Title
- PG&E San Mateo Pipeline Site Removal Action Workplan Approval
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The proposed project is approval of a Removal Action Workplan (RAW) which proposes to excavate and dispose of onsite soils with concentrations of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) and Total Petroleum Hydrocarbons (TPH) from three small areas around PG&E's pipeline valves at the Crystal Springs Watershed Protection Area. The contamination has not impacted the reservoir as the contaminants have not migrated from the valve vicinity.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substance Control
Northern California Permitting Branch 700 Heinz Avenue, Suite 200
Berkeley, CA 94710-2721
Phone : (510) 540-3826
- San Mateo
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Title 14, CCR 15061(b)(3)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project will not have a significant effect on the environment because: 1. The project is of limited areal extent and short duration. 2. The volume of soil that will be excavated and transported to permitted disposal facilities is small (approximately 40 cubic yards). 3. The valve areas will be remediated to residential standards so that land use will not be restricted after the remediation.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.