Present Land Use
Low Density Residential, Medium Density Residential, High Density Residential, Central Residential/Commercial Office, Light Industrial, Downtown Commercial, Neighborhood Commercial, General Commercial, Central Residential/Commercial Office, Medical Dental Office, Administrative and Professional Office, Public Institutional, Open space/Conservation, Open Space/Parks, and Northeast Hollister Area Plan.
Residence Agriculture District (RA), Single-Family Residence District (RI), Low-Family Residence District (R2), Low Density Multiple Residence District (R3), Medium Density Multiple Residence District (R4), Central Residential Neighborhood District (RD), Central Residential/Commercial Office Neighborhood District (RO), Commercial Office District (CO), Neighborhood Commercial District (C1), General Commercial District (C2), Highway Commercial District (CH), Light Industrial District (M1), and Heavy Industrial District (M2), as well as Special Zoning Area (S) and Planned Development Zoning Area (PD)
The project would involve an amendment to City of Hollister's Community Development Plan (adopted in 1983). The amendment would amend the existing Plan as follows:
1. Increase the Plan's cumulative tax increment revenue limit from $87 million to $650 million;
2. Increase the Plan's bonded indebtedness limit from $35 million to $75 million;
3. Eliminate the Plan's time limit to incur debt;
4. Reestablish the Redevelopment Agency's authority to use eminent domain, as a last resort, in portions of the downtown area to acquire property; and
5. Amend the Plan by means of adopting an Amended and Restated Plan that will incorportate all recent changes in Redevelopment Law as well as update the aformentioned amendments.
The proposed Second Amendment to the Plan does not include any changes to land uses within the Project Area. Development of individual sites within the Project Area would be consistent with the Hollister General Plan.