Distributed Cogeneration System at the Elihu Harris State Office Building
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Department of General Services (DGS)
- Document Title
- Distributed Cogeneration System at the Elihu Harris State Office Building
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Distributed Cogeneration System (Energy System) for this property is comprised of three natural gas fired reciprocating engine-generator sets, which produce approximately 600 kilowatts of electrical output and 3 million BTUs of thermal energy per hour. The thermal energy is captured by recovering the heat from the engine water jacket, the engine exhaust, and the engine oil cooler through a series of heat recovery devices and delivered to the building's hot water systems. The Energy System includes the cogenerators, intercoolers, heat exchanger, heat dump radiator for operating the Energy System during periods when the recovered heat is not required by the building's operations, and associated controls and electrical switching equipment.
- Contact Information
Department of General Services
Real Estate Services Division 1102 Q Street, Suite 6000
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 324-0214
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Cls 1 & 29, Sec 15301 & 15329(b)
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of providing discounted electricity and thermal energy to the building, which generates a saving off the total electric bill to the facility. By supplying electric power to the facility, this energy system will lower the building's demand on the electrical distribution grid.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.