Debris Rack Installation and Culvert Repair/Replacement
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Fish & Game #3
- Document Title
- Debris Rack Installation and Culvert Repair/Replacement
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The proposed project is located along Highway 1 in Monterey County between PM 57.2 and 63.6. The proposed work will occur at three separate locations on three separate streams. The first site is along Doud Creek at PM 63.6 and the work involves the placement of a debris rack at the intake of the culvert. The rack will be composed of corrosion resistant material and will be bolted to the face of the existing headwall. Only a small amount of vegetation, primarily horsetail, will be disturbed. The second site is a seasonal drainage that crosses Highway 1 south of Hurricane Point. The existing culvert will be abandoned and a new headwall constructed with the flows collected at this headwall diverted to an existing HDPE culvert to the third site of this proposed work. The reason for the diversion is to address a severe erosion problem that currently exists at this site. Site number three is approximately 110 meters south of the second site and is located on a different seasonal drainage. A new headwall will also be constructed at this site with the HDPE culvert from site two being tied into this headwall and the flows from both drainages being discharged at this point. Issuance of a Streambed Alteration Agreement Number 2001-0579 pursuant to Fish and Game Code Section 1603.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Game, Region 3
P.O. Box 47
Yountville, CA 94559
Phone : (707) 944-5571
- Other Location Info
- Highway 1 between PM 57.2 and 63.6.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1 (d)(f), Section 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- Installation of a debris rack on an existing culvert and repair of existing culverts.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.