CCC Building (Area Office) Restoration
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Parks and Recreation
- Document Title
- CCC Building (Area Office) Restoration
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Repair, stabilize, and restore the historic CCC Building currently being used as the DPR Russian River Area Office at Armstrong Redwoods State Reserve. Building will be removed from the existing foundation to allow construction of a new reinforced concrete foundation. After reinstallation of new foundation, building will be fumigated. All elements of structure (flooring, joists, studs, etc.) will be inspected and repaired or replaced as necessary. Existing picture window will be replaced with window designed to match existing period windows in other portions of the building. Existing roofing will be removed and replaced in kind (asphalt composition shingles). A new perimeter drain will be installed at the new footing. Install ADA compliant access ramp on side of building facing parking area; adapt existing restroom to ADA standards. Building will be photographed before, during, and after reconstruction. All work will be done in accordance with the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties. If work does not commence prior to October 15th, openings identified as potential access for bats will be blocked with caulking and/or metal flashing until work can begin.
- Contact Information
Shaelyn Raab Stratton
Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (916) 445-8791
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 31, Sec. 15331
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of stabilization, repair, and restoration of an historic resource in a manner consistent with the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties with Guidelines for Preserving, Rehabilitating, Restoring, and Reconstructing Historic Buildings (1995), Weeks and Grimmer.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.