Los Angeles Unified School District, Proposed Accelerated School Site, Removal Action Work Plan (RAW)
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Department of Toxic Substances Control
- Document Title
- Los Angeles Unified School District, Proposed Accelerated School Site, Removal Action Work Plan (RAW)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This existing school expansion project consists of five separate areas totaling 4.68 acres. The existing school is located in Area 4. Historical usage of the land since 1900 includes residential dwellings, a laundry, gas and oil station, auto service station, a battery shop, and a dry cleaning store. During the Preliminary Endangerment Assessment (PEA) conducted at the site, elevated levels of arsenic and lead were idnetified in the soil at Areas 1 and 4. Investigation at Area 2 and 3 did not reveal any contamination significant enough to pose a health risk.
- Contact Information
California Department of Toxic Substances Control, Environmental
1011 North Grandview Avenue
Glendale, CA 91201
Phone : (818) 551-2847
- Los Angeles Los Angeles, City of
- Los Angeles
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project is a minor cleanup action taken to prevent, minimize, stabilize, mitigate, or eliminate the release or threat of release of a hazardous waste or substance which is small removal action costing approximately $105,000.00. The RAW includes Excavation Plan, Engineering Evaluation/Cost Analysis, Health and Safety Plan, Transportation Plan, Air Monitoring Program, and Dust Control Program. The project will not have a significant effect on the environment because of the relatively small volume, short project duration, and the controlled manner in which contaminated soil will be excavated, loaded onto trucks and taken offsite for disposal/treatment. The Accelerated School site is not on the Hazadous Waste and Substances List.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.