The project involves the acquisition of 7.88 acres of land for the construction of a new middle school to serve students in sixth through eight grade. The project will accommodate 1,512 two-semester students, 63 classrooms, kitchen, lunch shelter, auditorium, gymnasium, multipurpose room, library, athletic fields, and parking structure with playing field on top. This new middle school will relieve Berendo Middle School and Virgil Middle School.
Office of Environmental Health and Safety
Los Angeles Unified School District
355 South Grand Ave., 6th floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071
(1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
(2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
(2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
(2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
(3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
(4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
(5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
(6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public.
To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above.
You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.