Oakhurst Illegal Disposal Site Remediation
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery
- Document Title
- Oakhurst Illegal Disposal Site Remediation
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Oakhurst Illegal Disposal Site is situated in a residential-rural-multiple family zoned district of Oakhurst. Over a many year time span, the owners accumulated and discarded various types of waste over the parcels, which includes abandoned mobile homes, dilapidated wooden cabins, disabled vehicles and farm implements, vehicle parts, lumber, discarded appliances, used tires, and trash/garbage. Remediation of the site includes transporting unrecyclable solid waste (e.g., household garbage, wood debris, etc.) to appropriate landfills; separating and hauling metal debris and tires to appropriate recycling facilities; and packaging and proper disposal of all household hazardous waste and asbestos-containing waste. Upon conclusion of the project it is anticipated that all wastes will be removed and no further action will be required other than monitoring by the County Code Enforcement Office to ensure no additional illegal dumping occurs. Estimated time to complete the cleanup is 3 weeks.
- Contact Information
Integrated Waste Management Board
8800 Cal Center Drive P.O. Box 4025
Sacramento, CA 95812-4025
Phone : (916) 341-6314
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Class 8 categorial exemption in that the project is an action by a state regulatory agency, as authorized by state regulations and codes, to restore and protect the environment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.