Palmdale Urban Tree Planting Program
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE)
- Document Title
- Palmdale Urban Tree Planting Program
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This project, to be carreid out by the City of Palmdale, involves the planting and care of 1220 trees on the municipal grounds within the City of Palmdale. It is anticipated that this project will commence in July of 2001 and be completed by March 2003. Trees will be non-native ornamentals that have been selected for their disease resistance, adaptation to the urban landscape, shade capacity, and minimal litter production. Trees wil be a variety of sizes from a minimum of 24" box container stock to 15 gallon containers. All trees will be planted, staked and tied, watered and maintained in accordance with the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection's tree planting guidelines.
- Contact Information
Department of Forestry And Fire Protection
Southern Regional Office 2524 Milberry Street
Riverside, CA 92501
Phone : (909) 320-6125
- Los Angeles
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 4, Sec. 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- As lead agency under CEQA, the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection finds that this project is Categorically Exempt. This project involves minor alterations to land and vegetation including the planting of new landscaping trees. As this is a heavily disturbed urban environment there is a low likelihood of impact in any significant biological resources. CDF's archaeological staff have reviewed this project and determined that there are no cultural or historic resources present in the project vicinity. CDF's finds that the proposed activities will pose a less than significant impact to the environment including cultural, historic and biological resources.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.