MTA Properties Communications Hill General Plan Amendments (File No. GP01-07-02 and GPT01-07-02)
NEG - Negative Declaration
Present Land Use
Land Use: Vacant, communications tower, asphalt and concrete recycling facility; General Plan: Communications Hill planned Residential Community - Heavy Industrial, Combined Industrial/Commercial, Public/Quasi-Public (Civic), Commercial, Utilities.
The project proposes a series of General Plan amendments to the General Plan Land Use/Transportation Diagram and text amendments to the General Plan and the Communications Hill Specific Plan (CHSP) on approximately 58 acres within central San Jose. The General Plan land use changes are summarized as follows:
1. Change the current land use designation from Heavy Industrial (27 acres) and Combined Industrial/Commercial (28 acres) to Industrial Park (55 acres).
2. Change the current land use designation from Public/Quasi-Public (Civic) (0.5 acres) to Parks/Playfields (0.5 acres).
3. Change the current land use designations from Commercial (0.5 acres) to Public/Quasi-Public (0.5 acres).
4. Change the current land use designation from Utilities (2.0 acres) to Parks/Play Fields (2.0 acres).
5. Eliminate the current Hillcap Avenue extension and add Old Hillsdale Avenue extension.
6. Realign Pullman Avenue extension between 1 Avenue and the railroad tracks (to align with 20th Street) and eliminate 19th Street between 1 Avenue and Vista Park Drive (Communications Hill Boulevard).
7. Add a conceptual trail alignment through the subject site.
There are five proposed General Plan text amendments and eleven Communications Hill Specific Plan text amendments that correspond to the above land use changes.
Aesthetics, Air Quality, Cultural Resources, Cumulative Effects, Geology/Soils, Hazards & Hazardous Materials, Land Use/Planning, Noise, Transportation, Vegetation, Wildlife, Construction
California Department of Parks and Recreation, California Native American Heritage Commission (NAHC), California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC), California State Lands Commission (SLC), Department of Toxic Substances Control, Department of Water Resources, Office of Historic Preservation, Resources Agency, Resources, Recycling and Recovery, California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Bay Delta Region 3 (CDFW), California Department of Transportation, District 4 (DOT), California Regional Water Quality Control Board, San Francisco Bay Region 2 (RWQCB)
Reviewing Agency Comments
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Bay Delta Region 3 (CDFW), California Department of Transportation, District 4 (DOT), California Regional Water Quality Control Board, San Francisco Bay Region 2 (RWQCB)
The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public.
To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above.
You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.