Groundwater Engineering Evaluation/Cost Analysis (EE/CA) and Remedial Action Work Plan (RAW) - Front and T Street Site, Sacramento, California
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Department of Toxic Substances Control
- Document Title
- Groundwater Engineering Evaluation/Cost Analysis (EE/CA) and Remedial Action Work Plan (RAW) - Front and T Street Site, Sacramento, California
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Groundwater Remedial Action Work Plan (RAW) proposes Monitored Natural Attenuation (MNA) as the remedy for the downgradient portion of the contaminated groundwater plume. The project involves continued regular groundwater monitoring of a network of existing wells until the concentrations of all of the contaminants of concern reach the remedial action objective. Samples will be taken for the first five years of the project, on selected wells for laboratory analysis of biodegradation parameters, to be sure that biodegradation is continuing at the current rate. These samples will be analyzed for nitrate, sulfate, dissolved iron, dissolved manganese, and methane.
- Contact Information
Donald J. Mandel
Department of Toxic Substances Control
10151 Croydon Way, Suite 3
Sacramento, CA 95827-2106
Phone : (916) 255-3667
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Title 14; Section 15061 (b)(3)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The decision to approve and implement the selected remedy will not cause a significant effect on the environment because: 1) The project does not involve any additional work at the site; 2) No new monitoring wells will be installed as a part of this project; 3) Regular groundwater monitoring, which has been occuring since 1986, will continue at 26 existing wells and 17 of those will also be sampled for a laboratory analysis of biodegradation parameters for the first five years; and 4) The remedies in place have been effective, provide containment and combined with MNA, will achieve the remedial action objectives.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.