Union Pacific, Curtis Park Railyard, Western Boundary Removal Action
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Department of Toxic Substances Control
- Document Title
- Union Pacific, Curtis Park Railyard, Western Boundary Removal Action
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Removal of approximately 500 cubic yards of buried debris containing levels of lead exceeding the unrestricted use level of 220 parts per million from four back yards abutting the western boundary of the UP Curtis Park Railyard, active track area. This material extends approximately up to 25 feet into the backyards to approximately 10 feet from the closest residence. Dust control measures and air monitoring will be conducted to ensure that lead contaminated dust is not released into the air. The excavated areas will be returned to grade using clean backfill. Remedial and restoration work will be conducted by UP and their contractors under DTSC staff oversight.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
10151 Croydon Way, Suite 3
Sacramento, CA 95827-2106
Phone : (916) 255-3737
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Title 14, Section 15061 (b)(3)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is small in scale and will be well controlled to assure that there are not significant effects on nearby residents.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.