Library and Courts Building Room 500 Restoration Project
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Department of General Services (DGS)
- Document Title
- Library and Courts Building Room 500 Restoration Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Room 500 is used by the State Legislature for hearings and social gatherings and by the general public and State Librarian for meetings and gatherings. The proposed project would restore this room, enhance room lighting, and facilitate/compliment the current uses of the room.
- Contact Information
Department of General Services, Real Estate Services Division
1102 Q Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 324-0207
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1, & 31 Sec. 15301,15331
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project consists of minor repairs and maintenance of an existing public facility and would result in no expansion of use. The project would maintain, repair, and preserve the historic building in a manner consistent with the Secretary of Interior's Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties. Consultation has been conducted for this project with the State Office of Historic Preservation pursuant to Public Resources Code Section 5024.5. SHPO concurs that the plans for the Library & Courts Building Room 500 Restoration project will adequately protect and maintain the historic character of the building and are consistent with the Secretary of Interior's Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.