Tour Entrance I and II Rehabilitation
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Parks and Recreation
- Document Title
- Tour Entrance I and II Rehabilitation
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Remove non-historic plantings, sidewalks, wire safety fence, and curbs from the area between the Tour I Entrance and the Tour II Entrance. Restore the historic citrus landscape design below C Terrace and south and west of Neptune Pool, east of the entrance road. Replace some aging historic citrus in kind. Install new concrete walks from road to Tour I and Tour II stairs; add additional stair steps to base of Tour I stairs as necessary for tour assembly area and to adjust for grade. Install new iron safety handrail along entire length of retaining wall. Added features (walk and stairs) will be compatible with the design and architecture of the estate. No historic fabric will be destroyed and project work will be reversible.
- Contact Information
Shaelyn Raab Strattan
Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (916) 445-8354
- San Luis Obispo
- Other Location Info
- Hearst San Simeon State Historical Monument.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 31, Section 15331
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project addresses the repair and rehabilitation of an historic resource, along with work specifically designed to support continued maintenance and preservation of the property. The proposed work will not cause a substantial adverse change in the significance of the resource, and will be done in accordance with the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.