California State University, Channel Islands
California State University Channel Islands, Facilities Projects Supplemental EIR
NOP - Notice of Preparation of a Draft EIR
The project consists of several improvements, modifications to existing mitigation measures, and a land acquisition for the CSUCI campus. The improvements were previously envisioned under the master plan; however, the current designs are more developed than those that were previously analyzed, and additional background studies have been conducted. The proposed project encompasses the following primary tasks:
1. Proposed design details for the roadway access, accompanying bridges and parking, including specific facility development features in the 153-acre area.
2. Final flood control levee design.
3. Modification of mitigation conditions from prior Certified EIRs to enable structures and lighting supportive of athletic facilities within the 153-acre site and elsewhere on the campus.
4. Acquisition of 279 acres of ventura County-owned public space land adjacent to the north side of campus.
5. Development of a Southern California Edison electrical power substation near the existing cogeneration facility.
Air Resources Board, Transportation Projects, California Department of Parks and Recreation, California Highway Patrol, California Regional Water Quality Control Board, Los Angeles Region 4 (RWQCB), Central Valley Flood Protection Board, Department of Toxic Substances Control, Department of Water Resources, Resources Agency, California Native American Heritage Commission (NAHC), California Department of Transportation, District 7 (DOT), California Department of Fish and Wildlife, South Coast Region 5 (CDFW), California Department of Conservation (DOC)
Reviewing Agency Comments
California Native American Heritage Commission (NAHC), California Department of Transportation, District 7 (DOT), California Department of Fish and Wildlife, South Coast Region 5 (CDFW), California Department of Conservation (DOC)
The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public.
To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above.
You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.