Gray Lodge Wildlife Area Water Supply Project (Project).
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Game (HQ) Environmental Services
- Document Title
- Gray Lodge Wildlife Area Water Supply Project (Project).
- Document Type
- NOD - Notice of Determination
- Document Description
- This proposed project involves the structural modification of portions of the Biggs-West Gridley Water District's water conveyance facilities. The Project includes approximately 19.2 linear miles of canals, plus a 200 foot buffer on each side of the canal centerline, and includes the demolition of existing structures, excavation for new structures, numerous improvements to concrete siphons, bridges, flumes, weirs, check and head gates, raising, and reshaping and widening the canal banks. The Project will result in 72 acres of impacts to giant garter snake (Thamnophis gigas) habitat including temporary direct and in-direct impacts to habitat under the California Endangered Species Act (CESA), and is expected to result in take of species, as defined in Fish and Game Code section 86. To authorize such take, CDFW issued to the Project applicant an incidental take permit pursuant to CESA (ITP No. 2081-2013-039). The CDFW shall manage 77 acres of Covered Species habitat at the CDFW Gray Lodge Wildlife Area to mitigate take of Covered Species and the permanent and temporal loss of Covered Species habitat. CDFW shall manage the habitat for Covered Species which shall consist of permanent summer flooded wetlands; summer flooded emergent wetland, and canals and ditches with summer water.
- Contact Information
CDFW North Central Region
1701 Nimbus Road, Suite A
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (530) 895-4267
- Biggs Gridley
- Butte Sutter
Notice of Determination
- Approving Agency
- Approving Agency Role
- Lead Agency
- Approved On
- Final Environmental Document Available at
- CDFW North Central Region, 1701 Nimbus Road, Suite A, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
- (1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
- (2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
- (4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
- (5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
- (6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.