Wallace Ranch, Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0153-R3.
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- State Water Resources Control Board
- Document Title
- Wallace Ranch, Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0153-R3.
- Document Type
- NOD - Notice of Determination
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2020-0153-R3, pursuant to section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to the project Applicant, Matthew Hardin. The project is limited to the operation of an existing water diversion facility installed in Pope Creek. The Point of Diversion (POD) collects water from three pipes at different elevations in Pope Creek, and at least one of which is an infiltration gallery buried in the gravel under Pope Creek. Water is collected between November 1 and May 31 and diverted from Pope Creek via pipeline into two existing ponds. No construction of development on the property is addressed in this Agreement. This diversion is authorized by the State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) pursuant to Water Right Permit 20820. This Water Right Permit allows for the diversion of up to 245 acre-feet annually and the development of up to 5 storage reservoirs (2 of which are existing) and the development of 268 acres of vineyards (some of which have already been developed). The diversion facility has already been constructed, and pipelines to the existing and future ponds are already in place.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife
Bay Delta Region 2825 Cordelia Road, Suite 100
Fairfield, CA 94534
Phone : (707) 210-2807
- Other Location Info
- The project is located at Pope Creek, tributary to Putah Creek (thence Lake Berryessa), in the County of Napa, State of California; Latitude 38.636670, Longitude -122.398600 or Section 11, Township 9N, Range 5W, U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) map Aetna Springs, or 2371 Pope Canyon Road, Saint Helena, CA 94574; Assessor Parcel Number 018-110-020.
Notice of Determination
- Approving Agency
- Approving Agency Role
- Responsible Agency
- Approved On
- Final Environmental Document Available at
- Available to the general public at the office location listed above for the Lead Agency. CDFW’s record of project approval as Responsible Agency is available at CDFW’s regional office.
- (1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
- (2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
- (4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
- (5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
- (6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- Notice of Determination
- 1995043040_NOD 2020-0153-R3 PDF 266 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.