US Ecology Vernon, Inc. RCRA Hazardous Waste Facility Permit Renewal
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Department of Toxic Substances Control
- Document Title
- US Ecology Vernon, Inc. RCRA Hazardous Waste Facility Permit Renewal
- Document Type
- NOD - Notice of Determination
- Document Description
- DTSC approved the renewal of the RCRA Hazardous Waste Facility Permit pursuant to CA Health and Safety Code, Ch. 6.5 for US Ecology Vernon, Inc. hazardous waste management facility, EPA Identification Number CAD 097 030 993. US Ecology Vernon, Inc. is a wastewater treatment facility that stores, treats, and/or transfers hazardous waste generated from off-site industrial, commercial, institutional, and governmental sources. US Ecology Vernon, Inc. receives hazardous waste in the form of liquids, sludge, and solids. There are 35 hazardous waste management units at the facility with 57 hazardous waste tanks. The waste is treated by a series of chemical and/or physical processes to destroy or remove hazardous constituents or hazardous characteristics. The residues from this treatment are either recycled on-site or shipped off-site to an appropriate recycling or disposal facility. Approx. 32,000 gallons per day of treated wastewater is discharged under their separate Industrial Wastewater Discharge Permit to the Publicly Owned Treatment Works industrial sewer system operated by the Sanitation Districts of LA County. The permit renewal does not include new construction. The permitted activities addressed in the permit application were not modified in a manner that would change the previous CEQA findings of the 1996 EIR in accordance with the requirements of Public Resources Code section 21000 et. seq. and the CEQA guidelines sections 15162, 15163, 15164, DTSC determined that the EIR it prepared as lead agency for issuance of the permit to the facility in 1996 provided an accurate description of project activities, and teh conditions requiring preparation of a SEIR are not present. To document its determination, DTSC prepared an Environmental Document Analysis. No additional CEQA documentation is required for this permit renewal. The permit renewal would be in effect for 10 years and would subject the US Ecology Vernon, Inc. tot eh terms and conditions set forth in the permit renewal and the Part B Application (Operation Plan) dated Sept. 2014 with revisions in 2016 and 2017. The Part B Application/Operation Plan would be incorporated by reference into the permit renewal.
- Contact Information
9211 Oakdale AVe.
Phone : (818) 717-6697
- Los Angeles
- Cross Streets
- BOYLE AVE/54TH ST.
- Parcel #
Notice of Determination
- Approving Agency
- Approving Agency Role
- Lead Agency
- Approved On
- Final Environmental Document Available at
- 9211 Oakdale Ave. Chatsworth, CA 91311
- (1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
- (2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
- (4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
- (5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
- (6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.