Incidental Take Permit 2081-2019-031-01, Humboldt Redwood Company Gravel Bar Extraction Project.
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Humboldt County
- Document Title
- Incidental Take Permit 2081-2019-031-01, Humboldt Redwood Company Gravel Bar Extraction Project.
- Document Type
- NOD - Notice of Determination
- Project Applicant
- County of Humboldt
- Document Description
- The gravel extraction operations consist of the harvest of gravel, rock, and sand from specified gravel bars within the bank-full river channel along the main stem of the Eel River near Scotia. Extraction is by one or more of the following methods: skimming, horseshoe pits, alcoves, wet or dry trenches, and/or wetland pits. Extraction during 2019 is anticipated to occur at five gravel bars: Scotia Dam Bar, Lower Truck Shop Bar, Dinner Creek Bar, Three Mile, and Elinor Bar. Operations at the Dinner Creek and Lower Truck, Shop Bars also include the installation and removal of a low water temporary bridge. The Army Corps of Engineers Letter of Permission for gravel mining in Humboldt County requires the bridge to be placed after June 15 and removed before October 15.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife
619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 601-7237
- Other Location Info
- HRC extracts gravel from the Middle Reach of the Eel River in the vicinity of Scotia, California under Vested Rights granted by Humboldt County. The upstream boundary of the Middle Eel Reach begins approximately 5. 7 miles above the confluence of the Middle and South Forks of the Eel River, and extends down river approximately 25 miles to the confluence of the main stem Eel with the Van Duzen River.
Notice of Determination
- Approving Agency
- Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Approving Agency Role
- Responsible Agency
- Approved On
- Final Environmental Document Available at
- The final PEIR that was prepared by the Lead Agency for this project is available to the General Public at the office location listed above for the Lead Agency. CDFW's CEQA Findings are available at the CDFW office identified above.
- (1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
- (2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
- (4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
- (5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
- (6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- Notice of Determination
- 1992013033 PDF 1027 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.