Water Reclamation Plant 4 Process Optimization
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Coachella Valley Water District (CVWD)
- Document Title
- Water Reclamation Plant 4 Process Optimization
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Coachella Valley Water District (CVWD) will make improvements to the aeration technologies at its Water Reclamation Plant No. 4 (WRP4). The purpose of the optimization project is to replace a portion of the energy intensive surface aerators with more energy efficient equipment meeting specific operational and performance requirements and additional infrastructure to support the new equipment. WRP 4 is comprised of two separate secondary treatment technologies including lagoon treatment and activated sludge treatment. The lagoon treatment system has a capacity of 7 .0 million gallons per day (MGD) and is comprised of Modules 1 through 4. Each module is aerated with 16, 20 horsepower (HP) surface aerators for a total connected electrical load of 320 HP per module. The project will replace the 16 aerators in Module 4 with 12, 6 HP Lagoon Master aerators manufactured by Reliant Technologies. The Lagoon Master equipment is expected to achieve annual energy efficiency and will reduce maintenance activities at the site. Construction activities for the replacement of the equipment would take approximately 6 months and will be contained within the fenced WRP4 site. The site is not located within or adjacent to a conservation area associated with the Coachella Valley Multiple Species Conservation Plan. The project is not subject to the Coachella Valley Association of Governments Local Development Mitigation Fee because the project location is a developed site.
- Contact Information
Coachella Valley Water District
75515 Hovley Lane East
Palm Desert, CA 92211
Phone : (760) 398-2651
- unincorporated Riverside County
- Other Location Info
- 63002 Fillmore Street in the unincorporated community of Thermal within Riverside County.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301 and 15302
- Reasons for Exemption
- State CEQA Guidelines §15301 (Existing Facilities- Class 1) allows for the operation, repair, maintenance, permitting, leasing, licensing or minor alteration of existing public or private structures, facilities, mechanical equipment, or topographical features, involving negligible or no expansion of use beyond that existing at the time of the lead agency's determination. The project involves maintenance and alteration of the existing system at WRP4. There is no expansion of use included with this energy optimization project. State CEQA Guidelines§ 15302 (Replacement or Reconstruction- Class 2) allows for the replacement or reconstruction of existing structures and facilities where the new structure will be located on the same site as the structure replaced and will have substantially the same purpose and capacity as the structure replaced. The project involves the replacement of existing technologies for the same purpose, and will update the aeration system with a more efficient system to reduce annual energy costs and reduce maintenance activities.
- County Clerk
- Notice of Exemption
- NOE - Signed WRP 4 Process Optimization Project PDF 1687 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.