San Lorenzo River Watershed Targeted Sediment Reduction Program (Program) Appendix E Project Locations - Specific Projects will be implemented on a maximum of 2
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Santa Cruz County Resource Conservation District
- Document Title
- San Lorenzo River Watershed Targeted Sediment Reduction Program (Program) Appendix E Project Locations - Specific Projects will be implemented on a maximum of 2
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This Program works with local landowners, agencies, non-profits and road associations to implement Best Management Practices (BMPs) on rural roads and/or public and private properties in the San Lorenzo River Watershed. The BMPs focus on improving water quality by decreasing erosion and reducing sediment loads. These projects will result in a decrease in sediments and other road-induced pollutants in waterways. The types of BMPS to be implemented include access road improvement (outsloping, critical dips, and rolling dips), structures for water control (in let/outlet protection and ditch relief culverts), installation of trash racks, repairs and maintenance to existing culverts and critical area planting /vegetative erosion control, steam bank protection, rain gardens, water catchment and other low impact development practices.
- Contact Information
Resource Conservation District of Santa Cruz County
820 Bay Avenue, Suite 136
Capitola, CA 95010
Phone : (831) 464-2950
- Santa Cruz
- Other Location Info
- Projects will be implemented on a maximum of 25 total rural roads and/or private or public properties located within rural residential areas, agricultural lands, and/or forest lands of the San Lorenzo River Watershed.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- (Sec. 15301 Class 1; 15303 Class 3; 15304 Class 4; 15333 Class 33)
- Reasons for Exemption
- None of the activities will have a significant effect on sensitive areas or resources. None of the projects will not have a negative effect on protected species habitat and will not include wetlands restoration or disturbance. All of the projects have been determined not to have a significant effect on the environment and therefore shall be exempt from the provisions of CEQA.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020080241_San Lorenzo River Watershed Targeted Sediment Reduction Program PDF 402 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.