Muyres Pond Rehabilitation and Sediment Removal Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0280-R1)
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Eureka Region 1 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Muyres Pond Rehabilitation and Sediment Removal Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0280-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is limited to one encroachment. The project aims to rehabilitate an existing pond on an unnamed tributary to Ryan Creek that has filled with sediment, slash, and vegetation. Activities include removing sediment and slash deposits and vegetative material from the pond, reshaping the pond, adding largewood structures to enhance and retain pool-habitat, and planting riparian trees. Cofferdams shall be installed to isolate and dewater the work site, catch sediment-laden water, and minimize sediment transport downstream. Flowing water shall be cleanly bypassed and/or prevented from entering the work area through pumping or gravity flow, and cleanly returned to the stream below the work area. Flow diversions shall be done in a manner that prevents pollution and/or siltation and provide flows to downstream reaches. No excavation shall occur in flowing water. Excavation shall begin downstream and proceed upstream in phases. Upon completion of work in any reach, cofferdams shall be removed, and flow reestablished. Permittee shall stockpile excavated materials in stable areas to dry. Stockpiles will be trucked to an appropriate disposal facility off-site. Bare mineral soil exposed during operations shall be revegetated and/or seeded with grass.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife Northern Region
619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 441-5901
- Other Location Info
- The project is located within the Ryan Creek watershed, at 3232 Myrtle Avenue, Eureka, California, 95503; Assessor’s Parcel Number 016-181-004.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Type – Class 2; California Code of Regulations, Title 14, Section 15302
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project includes maintenance of an existing pond and will have the same purpose and capacity as when the pond was initially constructed. There would be no significant adverse impact on endangered, threatened, or rare species or their habitat pursuant to §15065. There are no hazardous materials at or around the project site that may be disturbed or removed. The project will not result in impacts that are significant when viewed in connection with the effects of past projects, the effects of other current projects, and the effects of probable future projects.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020080237_1600-2020-0280-R1_HUM_Muyres_Pond Rehabilitation and Sediment Removal_NOE PDF 70 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.