Ponce Pond and Stream Crossings (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0087- R1
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Eureka Region 1 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Ponce Pond and Stream Crossings (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0087- R1
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is limited to 6 encroachments. Two proposed encroachments include upgrading undersized stream crossings. Work for these encroachments will include excavation, removal of the failing crossings, replacement with new properly sized crossings, backfilling and compaction of fill, and rock armoring as necessary to minimize erosion. Two encroachments include actively maintaining existing watercourse crossings. One encroachment includes construction of a spillway on an onstream pond. One encroachment is to remove diversion infrastructure from a spring.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife Region 1 – Northern
619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 445-6512
- Other Location Info
- The project to be completed is located within the Mad River watershed, approximately 3 miles northeast of the town of Dinsmore, County of Humboldt, State of California. The project is located in Section 36, T2N, R5E, Humboldt Base and Meridian; in the Blake Mountain U.S. Geological Survey 7.5-minute quadrangle; Assessor's Parcel Number 208-241-011.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Type — Class 2; California Code of Regulations, Title 14, Section 15302
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project includes upgrading existing watercourse crossings and removal of cistern from a spring. There would be no significant adverse impact on endangered, threatened, or rare species or their habitat pursuant to §15065. There are no hazardous materials at or around the project site that may be disturbed or removed. The project will not result in impacts that are significant when viewed in connection with the effects of past projects, the effects of other current projects, and the effects of probable future projects.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020080224_1600-2020-0087-R1_HUM_MJ Ponce Pond and Stream Crossings_NOE PDF 390 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.