Aquatic Surveys on Northcoast Regional Land Trust Property
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 7 - Marine, Monterey (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Marin Region 7)
- Document Title
- Aquatic Surveys on Northcoast Regional Land Trust Property
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Present Land Use
- Humboldt Bay watershed
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife is issuing a permit to Northcoast Regional Land Trust (NCRLT) pursuant to Fish and Game Code Section 2081(a) to sample fish within Humboldt Bay watershed for the Aquatic Surveys on Northcoast Regional Land Trust Property. The Section 2081(a) permit authorizes the NCRLT to incidentally take Longfin Smelt during the course of its sampling subject to terms and conditions set forth in the permit. The data gathered will describe life history strategies of juvenile salmonids, provide pre and post habitat restoration project conditions, and provide information to NCRLT to better manage their lands. NCRLT will sample river mile (RM) 0-1 of Wood Creek (tributary to Freshwater Creek Slough) and RM 0-1 of Martin Slough (tributary to Elk River Slough) to collect water quality and fish monitoring data within the Humboldt Bay watershed. Covered methods of take are limited to minnow trap and beach seine.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife
619 2nd Street
Eureka , CA 95501
Phone : (707) 499-0354
- Humboldt Bay watershed
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15306, Information Collection, Class 6.
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Project involves research and the collection of information to measure the effectiveness of past and ongoing habitat restoration projects which will not result in a serious or major disturbance to Longfin Smelt, Spirinchus thaleichthys, a threatened species.
- Notice of Exemption
- SIGNED_2081aMOU_NOE_Jewell_200428 PDF 29 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.