McKenny Water Drain Pipe Removal and Violation Remediation Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0625-R1)
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E (CDFW)
- Document Title
- McKenny Water Drain Pipe Removal and Violation Remediation Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0625-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2018-0625-R1, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Mr. Kevin McKenny. The project is limited to two encroachments on Third Slough and Unnamed tributary to Third Slough. The encroachments are o remove drain pipes and associated infrastructure. Work for these encroachments will include excavation, and removal of three drain pipes, replacement of concrete rip rap with rock rip rap, removal of fill and debris from the stream channel, backfilling and compaction of fill, and riparian planting.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E
Eureka Office-Northern Region 619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 441-2011
- 40.79151°'"N 124.13712°'"W
- Parcel #
- Other Location Info
- Project Location: The project to be completed is located within the third Slough watershed, approximately 1.5 miles from the center of the town Eureka, County of Humboldt, State of California.
- Other Information
- Note: See NOE for full details.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 21, Tit. 14, Sec. 15321
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project proposes to remediate impacts from unpermitted stream bank and channel modifications. Unpermitted work and activities were conducted without a Streambed Alteration Agreement (Fish & Game Code [FGC] Section 1602) before September 1, 2017. The project will also prevent sediment from entering streams, violations of FGC Section 5650. This is an action by regulatory to enforce to revoke a lease, permit, license, certificate, or other entitlement for use issued, adopted, or prescribed by the regulatory agency or enforcement of a law, general rule, standard, or objective, administered or adopted by the regulatory agency.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.