Unbalance Water Exchange of Approved State Water Project Table A Water between Napa County Flood Control and Water Conservation District and Kern County Water
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Unbalance Water Exchange of Approved State Water Project Table A Water between Napa County Flood Control and Water Conservation District and Kern County Water
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Title Continued: *Agency (SWPAO #18026) Under the proposed water exchange, up to 6,400 acre-feet of Napa's approved 2018 SWP Table A Water (2018 table A water) will be delivered to KCWA by December 31, 2018. In exchange, KCWA will return to Napa, Based on an unbalanced exchange ratio of 3 to 1, up to 2,133 acre-feet of its future approved SWP Table A Water (future Table A Water). That is, for every 3 acre-feet of Napa's 2018 Table A Water delivered to KCWA, 1 acre-foot will be returned by KCWA to Napa prior to December 31, 2028.
- Contact Information
B. G Heiland
Water Resources, Department of
State Water Project Analysis Office 1416 9th St.
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 653-4547
- Kern Napa
- Other Location Info
- Location Specific: Napa County Flood Control and Water Conservation District (Napa) is a State Water project (SWP) contractor located in Napa County. Kern County Water Agency (KCWA) is a SWP contractor located in Kern County. The SWP includes facilities located throughout the State of California. The California Department of Water Resources (DWR) is headquartered in Sacramento.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1, sec. 15301, exst. Facil
- Reasons for Exemption
- a. The proposed exchange is a water management operation using only existing facilities for the conveyance of water. b. The exchange is entirely within the SWP place of use. c. The limited term exchange will not support new development or a change in land use.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.