Issuance of Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0552-R1, Big Bear Flat Restoration Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1 (Redding) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1)
- Document Title
- Issuance of Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0552-R1, Big Bear Flat Restoration Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-201600-2018-0552-R1, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Tim Lakey. The project consists of installing beaver dam analogues within Bear Creek and reduction in height of two earthen channel plugs to increase water dispersion and accelerate sediment deposition across a meadow.
- Contact Information
Matt Mitchell (Enviromental Scientist)
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1
Northern Region 601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 225-2103
- 41°11'41.61N"N 121°43'11.10W"W
- Parcel #
- State Highways
- Other Location Info
- Project Location: The project is located at Bear Creek, 23 miles north of Burney on State Highway 89 near Pondosa, CA; T39N, R9E, Sections 22, 23, 26, and 27, Mount Diablo Base and Meridian, U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) Pondosa quadrangle, Latitude 41 11'41.61"N, longitude -121 43'11.10"W, Assessor's Parcel Number 027-250-030.
- Other Information
- Section: *26 and 27 NOTE: See NOE for full details.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 33; Title 14, sec. 15333*
- Reasons for Exemption
- *California Code of Regulations...Small habitat restoration projects not exceeding five acres in size to assure the maintenance, restoration, enhancement, or protection of habitat for fish, plants, or wildlife. The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has determined that the Project is categorically exempt from review under CEQA pursuant to California Code of Regulations, Title 14, Article 19, Section 15333 Small Habitat Restoration projects.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.