Redwood Valley / Lacks Creek Sudden Oak Death Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- University of California, Cooperative Extension-Humboldt County
- Document Title
- Redwood Valley / Lacks Creek Sudden Oak Death Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project will thin small trees of sudden oak death (tree disease) host species in the eastern leading edge of the isolated Redwood Valley / Lacks Creek disease infestation. Thinning the hosts will slow the spread of sudden oak death within public lands and surroundings, including nearby Hoopa Tribal Lands.
- Contact Information
UC Cooperative Extension- Humboldt
5630 South Broadway
Eureka, CA 95503
Phone : (707) 445-7351
- Other Location Info
- Bureau of Land Management Lacks Creek Management Area. Hupa Mtn. 7.5' Quad, parts of HB&M T8N, R3E Sec 27, 33, 34, and T7N, R3E Sec. 3 & 4. See NEPA: DOI-BLM-CA-N030-2018-0008-EA
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Only small dia. understory trees in overcrowded stands will be cut in order to reduce disease movement to mature trees; overstory canopy will remain. Models predict project will protect mature hosts trees and reduce greenhouse gases. As due diligence, all items in CEQA Appendix G checklist were examined with respect to BLM NEPA (EA) for project area and "No Impact" designations apply to every item.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.