Truckee Donner Land Trust - Donner Rim Trail, Northern Segment


SCH Number
Public Agency
Nevada County
Document Title
Truckee Donner Land Trust - Donner Rim Trail, Northern Segment
Document Type
NOE - Notice of Exemption
Document Description
The proposed project involves the construction of an approx 5.7 mi long trail north of Donner Lake. The trail is located on multiple parcels, some of which are within the unincorporated area of the county including Forest Service land and some are within the Town of Truckee town limits. Approx 40% of the trail is located within the county while the remaining 60% is located within town limits. The purpose of the project is to create a sustainable, well-designed, non-motorized use, trail connecting the existing Glacier Point trailhead with the existing Trout Creek trailhead, while avoiding all sensitive resources.

Contact Information

Kevin Starr
Agency Name
Nevada County
Contact Types
Lead/Public Agency



Notice of Exemption

Exempt Status
Categorical Exemption
Type, Section or Code
15301, 15304
Reasons for Exemption
The project has been designed to avoid impacts to sensitive resources. The route has been examined by the Truckee Donner Land Trust and its consultants including Micki Kelly, Russ King and Susan Lindstrom, consulting archaeologist. The project includes new trail construction as well as rehabilitation and restoration of existing roads and trails. A compiled management plan was prepared by Micki Kelly, Kelly Biological Consulting, dated May 2018 for the project in order to avoid and mitigate impacts to environmental resources. The results of the environmental studies supporting this exemption are located within the Compiled Management Plan.

Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at or via phone at (916) 445-0613.

Download CSV New Search Print