Irvine Valley College Battery Storage Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- South Orange County Community College District
- Document Title
- Irvine Valley College Battery Storage Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The proposed project is an Energy Storage System consisting of batteries, inverters, panels, meters, concrete pad and fencing. The battery storage system will be connected to the building main switchboard for the Performing Arts Center and from there will access the remainder of the campus electrical grid.
- Contact Information
South Orange County Community College District
28000 Marguerite Parkway
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
Phone : (949) 348-6126
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, 15303, 15304, 15311, 1531
- Reasons for Exemption
- The battery storage system, small outdoor enclosure, concrete pad and ancillary equipment are located in a developed area immediately adjacent to existing buildings, site improvements and a parking lot. There are no sensitive resources in the project area and the battery storage facility will serve the existing facilities. Therefore, they are classified as exempt from the provisions of CEQA under section 15301 - class 1, existing facilities; section 15303 - class 3, new construction of small structures; section 15304 - class 4, minor alterations to land; section 15311 - class 11, accessory structures; section 15314 - class 14 minor additions to schools. None of the exceptions to these categorical exemptions apply.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.