Near-Zero Emission Heavy-Duty Natural Gas Plug-In Hybrid-Electric Truck
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Energy Commission (California Energy Commission)
- Document Title
- Near-Zero Emission Heavy-Duty Natural Gas Plug-In Hybrid-Electric Truck
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Efficient Drivetrains, Inc. will develop and demonstrate a commercial-ready near-zero emission, heavy-duty, hybrid-electric truck. The project involves design and assembly of a hybrid powertrain, emissions testing, and controls optimization. The test truck will be demonstrated at UC Riverside on a chassis dynamometer to characterize performance and emissions. The test truck will also be demonstrated in a real-world fleet operation for at least six months.
- Contact Information
California Energy Commission
1516 Ninth Street, MS-48
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 327-1312
- Downey Fresno Milpitas Riverside
- Fresno Los Angeles Riverside Santa Clara
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Section 15301 existing facilities provides an exemption for the operation, repair, maintenance, permitting, leasing, licensing, or minor alteration of existing structures, facilities, mechanical equipment or topographical features involving negligible or no expansion of use beyond that existing. This project will involve vehicle development, testing, and demonstration, as well as the installation of a small vehicle charging station, all at an existing lab, existing manufacturing facilities, and an existing fleet yard, and will constitute the operation and minor alteration of these existing facilities. The project will involve negligible or no expansion of use beyond that currently existing. No electrical service upgrade is required. Similar activities are already conducted at these facilities.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.