Cypress Channel Emergency Erosion Repair
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Corrections and Rehabilitation, Department of (California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation)
- Document Title
- Cypress Channel Emergency Erosion Repair
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The bank of the Cypress Channel (the main drainage channel), near the access road to CIM's easternmost facility (Facility C) eroded significantly during the winter storms of 2016/2017. There are two primary areas of erosion which total approx. 450 linear feet in length. The eroded areas are less than 0.25 miles apart. The erosion is within 13 feet of CIM's paved access road which is in jeopardy of being undermined and could collapse if not repaired. The purpose of the project is to repair the damaged Cypress Chanel to avoid further damage and ensure the main access road to CIM remains open and is safe to travel. Scope of work: The eroded bank would be backfilled with compacted native soils. The compacted soils would be covered with geotech fabric and recycled concrete would then be placed over the fabric. The work is scheduled for July 2018 and concludes in October 2018. CDCR is obtaining a Clean Water Act (Section 401) Water Quality Certification from the Santa Ana RWQCB and will perform the work under Army Corps of Engineers (ACOE) Nationwide Permit 3 (which requires no notification to the ACOE). CDCR spoke with CDFW who agreed that a Streambed Alteration Agreement is not necessary. CDCR however would submit a Notification of Emergency Work to CDFW.
- Contact Information
California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
9838 Old Placerville Road, Suite B
Sacramento, CA 95827
Phone : (916) 255-6684
- San Bernardino
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15301,15302, Class 1, 2
- Reasons for Exemption
- New Construction or Conversion. Existing Facilities.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.