Newton Road Slide Repair Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0002-R2).
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 2 (Rancho Cordova) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2)
- Document Title
- Newton Road Slide Repair Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0002-R2).
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDFW has executed Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0002-R2, pursuant to section 1602 of the fish and game code to the El Dorado County Dept of Transportation. The project is limited to the repair of a storm damaged section of Newton Rd. The damaged area extends approx 315 ft along the roadway and 60 ft downhill to an unnamed intermittent creek at the bottom of the slope. The slope failure caused a portion of the shoulder to break away from the road, cracked the pavement in the northbound lane, and damged a number of trees. Repairs will include the following activities: remove debris including soil, trees, roadway fill, and shoulder backing from the base of the failed slope and adjacent creek; relocate the overhead utility along the east side of Newton Rd; reconstruct the damaged slope along the east side of Newton Rd; construct a 216 ft long mechanically stabilized earth wall with layers of reinforcing elements, well-draining embankment materials, and an exposed wire facing containing rock; install a 4-in diameter PVC underdrain in the proposed MSE wall; install a Caltrans-approved Midwest Guardrail System and asphalt concrete dike along the east edge of Newtown Rd; install a 6-in over drain on the west side of Newtown Rd; Reconstruct approx 315 ft of damaged roadway; and construct an approx 4 ft wide MSE bench along the base of the MSE wall. An existing 18-in diameter corrugated metal pipe culvert below Newton Rd will be protected in place. Rock slope protection will be placed below the outlet of the existing culvert. The project will temporarily impact 0.021 acre of creek bed and 0.271 acre of mixed coniferous forest, and will permanently impact 0.109 acre of mixed coniferous forest. The creek is anticipated to be dry during project activities.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2
Northern Central Region 1701 Nimbus Road, Suite A
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 358-2955
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is exempt under section 15269 b/c it consists of emergency repairs to a publicly owned service facility. It is exempt under section 15301 b/c it consists of maintenance of an existing facility, and it is exempt under section 15304 b/c it consists of a minor alteration to the state of land.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.