Sommers Water Diversion and Stream Crossings Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2016-0586-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1 (Redding) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1)
- Document Title
- Sommers Water Diversion and Stream Crossings Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2016-0586-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2016-0586-R1, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Mr. Walter Sommers. The project is limited to seven encroachments. Three encroachments are for water diversion from unnamed tributaries to Morgan Creek. Water is diverted for domestic use and irrigation. Work for the water diversion will include use and maintenance of the water diversion infrastructure. Three other proposed encroachments are to upgrade undersized culverts. Work for these encroachments will include excavation, removal of the failing culverts, replacement with a new properly sized culver, backfilling and compaction of fill, and rock armoring as necessary to minimize erosion. The last encroachment is to armor the pond spillway to minimize erosion.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1
Northern Region 619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 441-5900
- 40.6233°'"N 123.7394°'"W
- Parcel #
- Other Location Info
- The project to be completed is located within the Mad River watershed, approximately 10.7 miles northeast of the town of Bridgeville.
- Other Information
- The project to be completed is located within the Mad River watershed, approximately 10.7 miles northeast of the town of Bridgeville. Humboldt Base and Meridian; in the Showers Mountain U.S. Geological Survey 7.5-minute quadrangle.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S: 15301, 4, Class 1, 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- Water diversion and road/stream crossing improvements will be permitted as part of this project. There would be no significant adverse impact on endangered, rare or threatened species or their habitat pursuant to section 15065. There are no hazardous materials at or around the project site that may be disturbed or removed. The project will not result in impacts that are significant when viewed in connection with the effects of past projects, the effects of other current projects, and the effects of probable future projects.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.