Parks and Recreation, Department of
(California Department of Parks and Recreation)
Trail Safety Improvement
NOE - Notice of Exemption
Re-route a fifty foot section of the Oates Peak trailhead near the maintenance yard at Montana de Oro State Park to improve public safety. Work will:
* Remove the existing peeler core boundary fence and cap the unused water pipe riser;
* Brush and clear a fifty foot by six foot corridor for the trail re-route;
* Grade and level the trail surface to a width of approximately five feet and extend the trail head approximtely 65 feet;
* Excavate approximately 40 post holes, dug to a depth of 2 feet and 8 inches in diameter to install up to 40 peeler core fence posts and rails for 150 feet of new fence line; and
* Relocate the existing information kiosk to the new trailhead location by excavating two foot deep, 1 foot wide post holes and anchor the kiosk post in concrete.
Maintenance or minor alteration of existing public or private structures, facilities involving negligible or no expansion of use beyond that existing at the time of the lead agency's determination; and minor public or private alterations in the condition of land, water, and/or vegetation which do not involve removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees except for forestry and agricultural purposes, included as "Trail construction or realignment" in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities in accordance with CCR section 15300.4.
The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public.
To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above.
You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.