Parks and Recreation, Department of
(California Department of Parks and Recreation)
Dishwashing Stations Retrofit
NOE - Notice of Exemption
Install twenty-three (23) dishwashing stations in Big Basin Redwoods State Park, Butano Redwoods State Park and Portala Redwoods State Park in an effort to prevent the wildlife from having access to food residue in the campsites. Currently, campers use the existing spigots with French drains to wash dishes and utensils. The French drains are not designed to handle the amount of wastewater generated from dishwashing. Work at the three state parks will include:
- Excavation of approximately 4"-6" of soil for new ADA compliant concrete walkways and pads at each station where required;
- Pour concrete slabs - 24" wide X 6' length X 4" deep at each location where required;
- Install 23 ADA compliant dishwashing stations and tie into existing plumbing;
- Install new lighting and tie into existing electrical line;
- Minor roofline extension and building modifications to retrofit and accommodate the new dishwashing stations at certain restroom locations.
Minimal tree and shrubbery removal required.
Big Basin Redwoods State Park
Portola Redwoods State Park
Butano State Park
Notice of Exemption
Type, Section or Code
15303 & 15304 - Class 3 & 4
Reasons for Exemption
Project consists of construction and location of new, small structures and minor alterations in the condition of land that does not involve removal of healthy, mature scenic trees.
The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public.
To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above.
You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.