San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge East Span Seismic Safety Project; California Endangered Species Act (CESA) Incidental Take Permit No. 2081-2001-021-03 (ITP),
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife Marine Region (Monterey) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Marine Region)
- Document Title
- San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge East Span Seismic Safety Project; California Endangered Species Act (CESA) Incidental Take Permit No. 2081-2001-021-03 (ITP),
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Major Amendment No. 4 Project involves removing and replacing the east span of the San Francisco Bay Bridge to provide earthquake relief access between San Francisco and the East Bay. The CDFW for purposes of this notice, has approved a major amendment to an incidental take permit (ITP) issued to Caltrans for the project pursuant to Fish and Game Code section 2081, subdivision (b). The ITP issued on Nov. 26, 2001, and amended on August 7, 2015, authorizes Caltrans to take Sacramento River winter and spring run Chinook (Oncorhynchus tshawtscha), Central Coast Coho Salmon (Oncorhynchus kisutch), and longfin smelt (Spirinchus thaleichthys), incidental to otherwise lawful project activities subject to various conditions of approval prescribed by the Fish and Game Code. All the species noted above are designated as either threatened or endangered under CESA. In issuing the major amendment, CDFW found, among other things, that all authorized impacts of the taking would be fully mitigated and that the project would not jeopardize the continued existence of any of the species.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Marine Region
21 Lower Ragsdale Drive, Suite 100
Monterey, CA 93940
Phone : (831) 649-2813
- Alameda San Francisco
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Emergency Project
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Prevent or Mitigate an Emergency.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.