Reopening of the Miller Canyon Day Use Area
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Reopening of the Miller Canyon Day Use Area
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CA State Parks - Facilities Division Statewide Trail Crew, Tehachapi District, in conjunction with the CA Conservation Corps will be working to reopen the Miller Canyon Day Use Area within Silverwood Lake State Recreation Area. The project will include doing routine maintenance to sixteen (16) existing drainages/culverts by brushing and clearing non-vegetation from around the drainage/culverts will be re-armored using medium to large rocks 10" to 14" in diameter. The project will also include the resurfacing and the restriping of the Miller Canyon access road including the parking areas for the Devil's Pit Day Use Area, the Lynx's Day Use Area and the Serrano Beach Day Use Area. As part of this project the stringers at the Devil's Pit Bridge will be replaced and the overlook will be stabilized.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
15101 Lancaster Road
Lancaster, CA 93536
Phone : (661) 724-2380
- San Bernardino
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15301,15303,15304, Class 1,3,4
- Reasons for Exemption
- Existing Facilities. New Construction or Conversion of Small Structures. Minor Alterations to Land.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.