Cool Springs Campground Footbridge Repair Project (Streambed Alteration Agreement #1600-2014-0007-R2)
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Cool Springs Campground Footbridge Repair Project (Streambed Alteration Agreement #1600-2014-0007-R2)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is limited to the repair of a pedestrian footbridge which allows campers to access the campground restroom and faucet facilities. The footbridge's south concrete abutment stem wall has broken away and is no longer properly supporting the footbridge or attached hand railing. Straw waddles and silt fence will be installed around the work area to isolate project activities from the creek. No in-water work is proposed. The area above and beside the existing abutment will be excavated and the stem wall removed by hand. Rebar will be spliced into the horizontal footing of the abutment to tie the new stem wall together. Wood slats will be used to frame the stem wall around the reinforced abutment and approximately 1/2 cubic yard of concrete will be poured into the framing. The hand rails will also be reinstalled. Once the concrete has cured the wood forms will be removed and the excavated soil returned and compacted around the repaired abutment.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2
Northern Central Region 1701 Nimbus Road, Suite A
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 358-2955
- Other Location Info
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15301, Class 1
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project will involve the repair of an existing stem wall to reinforce the footbridge abutment. No activities will occur in the creek channel or riparian areas. Activities will not affect any sensitive resources.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.