Concow Hazardous Fuel Removal, Phase V
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE)
- Document Title
- Concow Hazardous Fuel Removal, Phase V
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This project involves the hand clearing of brush, small trees (less than 6" in diameter) and dead woody debris (snags less than 11" in diameter) within two designated areas totaling 21 acres within 150' of access roads (see map) to reduce the fire hazard and create a shaded fuel break. Fuels will be either chipped and scattered, or hand piled for burning later when moisture levels are sufficiently high enough to allow for safe disposal and minimal risk for escape. Rare Plant survey was conducted on the project area September- October 2013, Natural Diversity Data Base inquiry was made January 2014, no sensitive species were identified within the project area or immediate vicinity of the project area.
- Contact Information
Forestry and Fire Protection, Board of
1600 Feather River Blvd, Suite B
Oroville, CA 95965
Phone : (530) 534-5229
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15304, 15308, Class 4, 8
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project fits within the definitions of the above-listed three Categorical Exemptions authorized in the CEQA Guidelines. Field review and office research conducted by Randolph Vasquez has confirmed that no exceptions apply which would preclude the use of a Notice of Exemption for this project. I have concluded that no significant environmental impact would occur to aesthetics, agriculture, and forestland/timberland, air quality, biological resources, cultural resources, geology and soils, greenhouse gas emissions, hazards and hazardous materials, hydrology and water quality, land use planning, mineral resources, noise, population and housing, public services, recreation, transportation/traffic, or to utilities and service systems. Documentation of the environmental review completed by the Department is kept on file at, 1600 Feather River Blvd Suite B, Oroville, California, CA 95965, Attn. Randolph Vasquez.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.