Mattole River Estuary Habitat Improvement Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Santa Rosa
- Document Title
- Mattole River Estuary Habitat Improvement Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The U.S. Bureau of Land Management and the Mattole Salmon Group (SMG) with build up to 40 complex large log habitat structures, up to 15 small wood habitat structures, and stabilize up to 1,000 linear feet of streambank using natural materials in the Mattole River estuary area. The Mattole River estuary area is managed by the Applicant as part of the King Range National Conservation Area. The primary objective of the project is to improve and restore aquatic habitat in the Mattole River for salmonids Wood habitat structures will be constructed in a manner tht mimics naturally formed wood jams that occur in estuaries and the lower portions of rivers.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Sa
5550 Skylane Boulevard, Suite A
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Phone : (707) 576-2801
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Habitat restoration and enhancement for fish.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.