University of California, Davis Archaeological Field Studies
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- University of California, Davis Archaeological Field Studies
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- University of California, Davis students will conduct archaeological field studies at MacKerricher and Hendy Woods State Parks and Jug Handle State Natural Preserve to catalog archaeological resources being destroyed through erosion cause by waves, wind, vehicles, equestrians, and/or pedestrians. Work consists of visual reconnaissance surveys and archaeological sampling of fifteen prehistoric sites. Soil samples within prehistoric sites will be collected by hand in 1X1, 1X2, and 2X2 meter units that range in depth from 5 to 150 cm. All soils will be sifted through screens; then placed back into the excavated holes following sample analysis.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
Mendocino District 12301 North Highway 1 - Box 1
Mendocino, CA 95460
Phone : (707) 937-5721
- Other Location Info
- Location: MacKerricher and Hendy Woods State Park and Jug Handle State Natural Reserve
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of minor alternations in the condition of land, water, and or vegetation that do not include healthy, mature or scenic trees, and encompasses basic data collection, research, and resource evaluation activities for information gathering purposes, as "Scientific studies on prehistoric and historic archaeological sites, followed by restoration of the surface" as listed in the Department of Parks and Recreation list of exempt activities in accordance with CCR S 15300.4.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.