Michael Whyler#1 Pipeline Retirement Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 5 (Central Valley), Redding
- Document Title
- Michael Whyler#1 Pipeline Retirement Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- PG&E's Michael Whyler #1 pipeline is a natural gas gathering system that has been scheduled for retirement in 2011. The project will take the pipeline out of service by cutting and capping the line at five sites along its alignment, and the retired pipeline will be abandoned in place. Associated work will include the removal of valves, an underground vault, a riser, and pipeline markers. Project activities will be limited to the five sites (Sites 1-5). The entire project area and adjacent areas consist of agricultural wetlands (rice fields) and associated features (levee roads, berms, agricultural irrigation canals and drainage ditch).
- Contact Information
Scott A. Zaitz
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 5 (Central Valley),
415 Knollcrest Drive, Suite 100
Redding, CA 96002
Phone : (530) 224-4784
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1, Sec. 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- Because it involves minor alterations to existing private structures and facilities, with no expansion in existing use. These facilities consist of an existing gas line and associated valves and other structures used to transport natural gas.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.