Fall River Mills Ecological Reserve Bank Swallow Habitat Maintenance
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1 (Redding) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1)
- Document Title
- Fall River Mills Ecological Reserve Bank Swallow Habitat Maintenance
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This project would include maintenance on an ongoing basis to remove the sloughing material from the base of the south and west bank. After the eroding material is removed from the west bank, approximately ten (10), two foot wide by two foot high and six foot long concrete barriers will be installed at the base of the bank to keep material from migrating off State property. When material being the concrete barriers builds-up and before overtopping occurs, the material would be removed and transported off site. This activity would occur approximately once every five (5) to ten (10) years.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Game
Northern Region 601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 459-1129
- Other Location Info
- Fall River Mills
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- A suitable eroding condition is necessary to benefit breeding populations of bank swallows. This project would include maintenance on an ongoing basis to remove the sloughing material from the base of the south and west bank. After the eroding material is removed from the west bank. approximately ten, 2 ft. wide by 2 ft high and 6 ft long concrete barriers will be installed at the base of the bank to protect the adjacent landowner's property. This project will have no significant negative effect on the environment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.