King Ranch Enhancement Project
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Santa Rosa
- Document Title
- King Ranch Enhancement Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- In 2003, a 12-acre riparian slough was constructed by excavating an upland terrace near the Russian River at the King Ranch. The constructed slough was then planted with a variety of native plants. Since the project was constructed, yellow star thistle has spread from surrounding areas into much of the created vineyard site and the slough. In order to increase native plant coverage and diversity, the yellow star thistle needs to be eradicated and controlled. Eradication will consist of mowing only the areas without native plants and application of herbicide to the yellow star thistle only. Application will be done in conformance with the label directions and notice will be provided to the County Agricultural Commissioner. Once the thistle is eradicated additional native riparian plants will be installed.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast)
5550 Skylane Boulevard, Suite A
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Phone : (707) 576-2685
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15304. Minor Alterations to Land
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project involves minor alterations in vegetation for the purposes of improving habitat for fish and wildlife resources.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.