Malibu Creek State Park USGS/Debris-Flow Warning Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Malibu Creek State Park USGS/Debris-Flow Warning Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The proposed project is part of a large effort, and is designed to act as an early warning system for flash flooding and debris-flow on recently burned areas in Southern California. The project will be located within Malibu Creek State Park off of Piuma Road. The project involves installation of instruments to monitor rainfall/ runoff conditions. The instruments include a data logger and satellite modern to collect data from 5 cm long soil moisture probes which will be inserted by hand into the ground.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (818) 880-0350
- Los Angeles
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15305, 15306
- Reasons for Exemption
- No potential for significant impacts to environment is anticipated. A resource ecologist will ensure avoidance of significant impacts to natural resources. An archaeologist will ensure avoidance of significant impacts to cultural resources. Project will not result in a serious or major disturbance to an environmental resource.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.