Petition to Change Purpose of Use
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- State Water Resources Control Board
- Document Title
- Petition to Change Purpose of Use
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Billy E. and Bonnie Wells (Petitioner) submitted a Petition for Change in the Purpose of Use of License 4815, on August 23, 2001. The license authorizes the Petitioner to directly divert 0.025 cubic foot per-second (cfs) year-round from an Unnamed Spring tributary to Grouse Creek thence the South Fork of the Kaweah River, in Tulare County. The purposes of Use are mining and milling. The Petitioner proposes to add domestic and stockwatering uses to the license. License 4815 was assigned to the Petitioner on May 14, 1996. Since this time, the Petitioner has diverted water for stockwatering of approximately 150 head of cattle. The water is also used to serve up to eight people at the Petitioner's residence. The licensed Point of Diversion is located on U.S. Forest Service (USFS) land. The Petitioner proposes to repair the spring box and water supply line. In 2001, a USFS biologist visited the site at which the proposed repairs would take place. The biologist determined that the repair work would not affect public trust resources. In a memo dated June 25, 2001, the USFS determined that this action qualified as a categorical exclusion under the National Environmental Policy Act and Forest Service Handbook 1909.15, Chapter, Section 31.2, No. 3. On July 5, 2001, the USFS issued a special use permit which authorizes the Petitioner to access and maintain the spring box and pipeline. The petition was noticed on November 19, 2004 and no protests were received. Approval of the petition will not change the amount of water diverted or the season of diversion under the license. The project does not involve new construction. It is anticipated that the project will not cause significant environmental impacts.
- Contact Information
State Water Resources Control Board
Division of Water Rights P.O. Box 2000
Sacramento, CA 95812-2000
Phone : (916) 341-5438
- Other Location Info
- Unnamed Spring tributary to Grouse Creek thence South Fork of Kaweah River
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15061(b)(3)
- Reasons for Exemption
- 1. This project will not cause significant adverse impacts on any sensitive environment and will not result in significant cumulative impacts. 2. There are no protests. 3. It appears that there is no possibility that this project may have a significant effect on the environment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.