New Construction of Small Structures at Existing Youth Correctional Facilities
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Corrections and Rehabilitation, Department of (California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation)
- Document Title
- New Construction of Small Structures at Existing Youth Correctional Facilities
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDCR plans to install modular trailer units to provide classroom space to address educational deficiencies identified in the Farrell litigation. The modular units are approximately 640 square feet each and approximately 12 feet tall. All the units would be placed within the security perimeter of each of the four YCF sites. Three modular units totaling 1,920 square feet will be installed at O.H. Close and at Preston YCF. Five units will be installed at DeWitt Nelson providing a total of 3,200 square feet and six units will be installed at SYCRCC for a total of 3,840 square feet. The modular units will be located on open space between existing structures within the grounds of each YCF. The small open spaces are disturbed areas that include gravel, bare ground and/or mown grass ground cover. The projected staff increases at DeWitt Nelson would be eight employees, six at O.H. Close, five at SYCRCC and two at Preston YCF. The total ward population at each facility would not exceed the current population levels.
- Contact Information
California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
501 J Street, Suite 304 P.O. Box 942883
Sacramento, CA 94283-0001
Phone : (916) 323-0731
- Ione Norwalk Stockton
- Amador San Bernardino San Joaquin
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project involves the installation of a limited number of new small modular trailer units to existing correctional structures that involve negligible or no permanent effect on the environment. The project does not involve the use of any significant amounts of hazardous substances, and will not exceed 10,000 square feet in floor area at each YCF site. All necessary public services and facilities are available and the surrounding area is not environmentally sensitive. The modular units will be built off site by California Prison Industry. Installation at the sites would take between 2-4 weeks to complete. Most of the work will be completed by contract staff. CDCR is adding modular units in space designated by CDCR for this use. Sufficient parking is available for the limited number of new employees. There is adequate capacity available in electricity, water, gas, wastewater, and refuse removal to meet the needs of the project.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.