U.S. Filter Recovery Services Class 1* Permit Modification, (Prior Approval Required)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Toxic Substances Control, Department of (Department of Toxic Substances Control)
- Document Title
- U.S. Filter Recovery Services Class 1* Permit Modification, (Prior Approval Required)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- U.S. Filter Recovery Services has requested a Class 1* Permit Modification to their Hazardous Waste Facility Permit. The modification amends and modifies the 1996 Part A portion of the permit. The purpose of the modification is to facilitate a merger of the parent company, Siemens Water Technologies Corporation (SWTC) with U.S. Filter Recovery Services. The name of the facility will change to SWTC to reflect the merger. The facilities operations plan and staffing will remain the same.
- Contact Information
William F. Jeffers
Department of Toxic Substances Control
1011 N. Grandview Avenue
Glendale, CA 91201
Phone : (818) 551-2185
- Los Angeles Los Angeles, City of
- Los Angeles
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Reasons for Exemption
- The proposed permit modifications are minor changes to Part A of the Permit and no changes to Part B of the Permit and will not have a signicant effect on the environment. The reasons supporting our conclusion are: 1) The merger of one publicly traded company with another would produce no changes to the health and safety of the people of California. 2) The parties of the merger have agreed to submit a revised disclosure statement within 30 days of the merger becoming effective. This will assure continued financial assurances for facility operations. 3) The modifications to the permit will not affect the makeup of the personnel that manage the facility. 4) The proposed modifications to the permit will not change the operation plan. 5) The proposed modifications to the permit will increase the hazardous waste treatment and storage capacity of the facility. 6) No changes are proposed either to the wastes codes currently permitted to be stored and/or treated at the hazardous waste facility. 7) The facility is not on the Hazardous Waste and Substances Sites List pursuant to Government Code section 65962.5.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.